Does it work?
• Absolutely. It creates Progress Reports that teach players and parents exactly what the player needs to work on to get better. They love knowing what they need to do to earn playing time or just get better.
How much time?
• It only takes 15-20 minutes a couple times a season, depending on size of the team, to grade the players. Most programs have an assistant coach in charge to get the numbers in and the Coaches Matrix program does the rest. Since it will stop almost all the parent “conversations” regarding playing-time questions, you could say that it actually makes time.
How many times should I use this program?
• It’s up to you, but 3 Xs a season seems to work best. Once in pre-season, then again after a couple games then a last time near the end of the season.
What is it exactly?
• The Coaches Matrix is a computer program that creates an “Athletic Report Card” (Player Progress Report). The reason it works goes beyond the numbers. It’s not just psychology of knowing the coach actually cares enough to let athletes know what to do to get better, but it actually works on biological principles that gets players to their maximum potential.
What is the process?
• On the first day of practice run the players through the athletic tests, 40-yard dash etc. to see how they start the season. Then during the preseason, have the coaches score the players on a 1-10 scale in multiple areas from effort, coachability and position techniques. The grading takes just 15-20 min. The program creates a Player Progress Report identifying strengths and weaknesses for the player and overall team. Then you send the Reports as a PDF to the players and parents, so they know how things are going.
Is this all online?
• It is a web based program allowing coaches and players to access the program via computers and mobile devises with a log-in access.
Where did you get this?
• It was developed and improved since 2012, based off of research done at top brain science institutions and watching the Combine. We thought, WOW we can bridge the gap between coaches, athletes and parents understandings of player progress throughout the season by giving them a report. This allows everyone to come together to make the most out of the talent that every player has. It has been a wonderful experience for the 95+ individual teams that have used the information thus far.
Is there tech support?
• Yes, if you run into issues or need someone to walk you through the system, just email at email@example.com. We’ll do the best we can to make your program the most successful it can be.
What if everyone isn’t on board?
• The program’s benefit becomes self-evident once it is used. Simply try it and see the athletes and parents ultimately thank the staff for taking the time to help them become their best at their sports. Any coach who believes that creating an environment that eliminates secrecy may find the program a perfect match.
• At the annual parent meeting, it is advised to provide a copy of the “Parent Guide” booklet to help explain some of “extra” attention their athletes are going to benefit from this season and that a member of the coaching staff is willing to personally go over their players report to explain some of the result. One of the best parts is the averaging of multiple coaches scores. Coaches now have a physical report that reflects all the combined insights of the coaching staff when addressing concerns.
We are winning, do we need this?
• Winning on and beyond the scoreboard is the goal of most coaches. Top notch coaches normally believe that providing personalized progress reports with honest assessments of a player’s skills and abilities is absolutely beneficial. This just provides proof that your programs truly goes above and beyond to create a successful program.
What about data privacy?
• Personalized athletic data is only available to the team and family unless authorized to share via the Athletic Transcripts with colleges and universities for recruiting purposes. General metadata may be maintained without specific identifiers for statistical purposes etc.
How many others are using it?
• As of today, over 95 individual teams representing over 1,000 athletes have benefited from the program since 2012.
How do I get updates?
• Updates are automatic – it is a web based program. When we make improvements or enhancements. your subscription includes those as you log into your account.
No computer for coaches?
• As long as 1 coach has access to a computer, they can print player scoring sheets for other coaches to complete. The reports are able to be emailed as PDFs and or printed out via personal resources etc.
What is the Software License Agreement?
• You can view the Coaches Matrix Software License Agreement by clicking here.